Wednesday 8 April 2015

Soundtrack Update

After looking at my newly filmed shots and placing my shots in a logical timeline order that I feel would be appealing to the target audience, I decided that all of the potential soundtrack options I explored before from "The Kinks" band were inappropriate for my trailer as they were too upbeat or folk-style. I felt my trailer needed a non-diegetic piece with a more melancholy and relaxed tone, because despite the beginning of the trailer being very happy and positive when the characters are together and in love, the middle and ending have a more sad tone to them because they involve the disequilbirum and show the reality of troubles with relationships and how people can be effected by break ups etc. Therefore, the initial tracks were too upbeat and could have potentially given the target audience the wrong impression about the film's narrative.