Thursday 23 October 2014

Location Scouting 2

This is the second location I looked at, I really like this location as it is rural because it is in a field so it should be quiet and therefore there won't be many interruptions when I am filming, however the little hut in the middle makes it look slightly urban as well. I especially like this location because of the brick hut in the middle, the hut has graffiti all over it. Graffiti gives codes and conventions of gangs and cities, often cities in rundown/poorer locations with a higher crime rate. Gangs and crime are often things that teenagers are stereotyped with by the media and therefore this is a good location as my two main protagonists are teenagers. Also, this location/narrative may appeal to teenagers as they can relate to certain aspects of the lifestyle, and teenagers/young adults are my main target audience. The inside of the hut is quiet dirty and empty so this could be useful for the darker scenes such as the protagonists drinking or doing drugs. Both of these are commonly associated with youths as well as they are the generation that are seen to go out partying and getting drunk. Teens are often stereotyped as being reckless and rebellious and I intend to show behaviour like this in parts of my trailer, and locations like this will help me achieve this.