Sunday 30 November 2014

Script for Voiceover

If I decide to include a voiceover in my trailer it will be done by my main female character and it will be played over the shots.

Script for Voiceover done by Female Protagonist: 

Option 1:
People always talked about finding the one. The one person to spend the rest of your life with, the one person to wake up to every day, the one person to hug you when you cry and to smile when you're happy. The one however, is hard to find and frankly it scares me that there is only one person out there for each of us. We could go our whole lives searching and still never find the one, that's why at the ripe old age of 18 I had given up on the hope of finding the one... or anyone to be quite honest, until I met Theo.

Option 2:
I was always told that if you love somebody you should let them go. I never understood this, surely loving someone is never letting go. Loving someone is staying up all night just talking, loving someone is letting them decide what food to eat, loving someone is shaving your legs even in winter, it's giving them the last slice of cake, it's sacrificing sleep so you can cuddle and this is love.

Option 3:
Left school, no job, and every week I got the threat of being kicked out of my parents house. The last thing on my mind was finding love. At school they almost told me that I would never amount to anything and if I left my life would be over, but honestly, it's only just begun.


Out of the three options I think that option 1 is my favourite so far as it ties in with the narrative of my film and it is stereotypical of the romance genre in the way that the female expreses her feelings about the male. Also I think the end line "until I met Theo" is effective as it sets up the narrative nicely and but it leaves the audience wanting to know more as it's a cliffhanger and they are unaware of what will happen. Leaving the audience wanting to know more/wanting to watch the rest of the film, is the key aim of any trailer and therefore I think this voiceover would achieve this. Option 2 is also quite appealing as it is light-hearted and involves humour but not too much and therefore this would appeal to certain people in my target audience. I will wait until I have filmed my shots and started editing before I decide on the final script for the voiceover, however for now it is useful to have a basic idea of some potential scripts I could include and how these would relate to my trailer and my overall film narrative.