Sunday 30 November 2014

Voiceover Examples




I don't know if I'll actually include a voiceover in my film or not, but if I do decide to it will include similar conventions as the two examples above. It was useful for me to look at these two clips and see how the voiceover was used in both. I think the voiceover was very effective in these trailers as it played on the audiences' emotions. Like the two clips above, my film is a romance with a main male and female protagonist, if I did decide to use a voiceover in my trailer, then I would most likely have it being done by the female character because I think that this has conventions of the romance genre, and it will allow the audience to find out a little more about the characters lifestyle and personality. If I use a voiceover I will have to think carefully about how the main character is portrayed and ensure that I don't give too much of the narrative away.