Saturday 29 November 2014

Script Ideas

I'm unsure if I want to include a script in my trailer or not but I will make one anyway and decide whether it is appropriate when the shots are being filmed. If not then another option is that I have a voiceover from one of the main characters, despite voiceovers becoming less common in recent trailers, voiceovers done from the main characters point of view are still popular because it allows the audience an insight into the characters opinions and personality. Also, voiceovers can be descriptive and help explain the basic narrative to the audience.

Script Draft 1: 

Theo: Hi

Kate: Hello

Theo: Theo, nice to meet you (holds out hand)

Kate: Kate (reaches and shakes Theo's hand, giggles)

Later in the trailer:

Kate: Theo, I love you

Theo: I love you too

(actors hug and kiss, they are smiling and looking happy)

Even if I do include a script in my trailer I am going to keep it very basic with a few lines at most because otherwise I feel like it will either be very cheesy and quite unprofessional or it will give away too much of the narrative and make the film potentially predictable. Also, the script won't include whole conversations between the characters because the trailer uses montage editing and jump cuts therefore it won't just focus on one whole scene in the film.