Tuesday 24 March 2015

Ancillary: Magazine Production

 I searched the internet for an appropriate barcode and then used photoshop to flip the image and place it at the bottom of my magazine. If I'd have had more time or greater knowledge of photoshop, then I would have created a completely original barcode. However, this wasn't the case. I still cropped the image and rotated it therefore I made it individual to my magazine.
The screenshot to the left shows the title of my film highlighted on screen. The typography and colour of this is the exact same as I have used for my film poster. This is so that the audience can easily link the two together and so that the promotion for the film all ties in together nicely and hopefully attracts a bigger, potentially more tent-pole, audience.
This image is similar to the image above however it just shows the tool box on that I used on photoshop to adapt my fonts if I needed to in further detail, and to play around with colour and shadows etc to see which, if any, of these fonts were effective. This was useful as it allowed me to experiment with a large range of effects and change the percentage of exposure or saturation etc and see how these worked and tied in with the focal image and the magazine cover background.