Monday 9 March 2015

Soundtrack Production Practice

 The other day I got together with the band that have agreed to help me out with my non-diegetic soundtrack, most likely to be a cover of a slow but popular chart song of some sort, so that it attracts the correct target audience but still upholds the conventions of the romance genre. One of the band members is my male actor in the film so I already know him well and know that I can successfully work with him, so this was very convenient. As is clear from the pictures, we don't have all the equipment necessary to record the soundtrack properly as it won't have a high enough quality to be included
in my trailer. However, these shots show some of our research and practice to investigate which songs the band could cover well and which were more difficult for them. This was very useful for me to listen to their music and to decide if their style and voices tied in successfully with my trailers narrative and shots. I personally think that the band are very talented and are successful in making covers of slower, more acoustic style songs, which is the type of thing I'm looking for in terms of my non-diegetic soundtrack. The band have agreed with the songs I have chosen as background music for my trailer and are now currently arranging with me and with the school music department, when is an appropriate time to borrow their equipment to record the track. We all aim for this to be done in the next week providing there are no delays and the equipment works as planned. As soon as this is recorded I will tie the soundtrack in with my female characters voiceover and place these over the top of my trailer.