Monday 2 March 2015

Editing: Lighting

After beginning to edit with both my indoor and outdoor shots, I discovered that there was a slight difference in the lighting. The contrast between the external lighting of the sunshine in the daylight and the extra internal lighting for the bedroom scenes is very noticeable. The 500W light that I used for the indoor scenes and pointed at the ceiling didn't work as effectively as I would have hoped and therefore I have had to make a few changes to my initial storyboard as a result of this lighting issue. These changes just involve taking out the indoor shots that I don't need and that aren't key in the narrative and replacing them with more outdoor shots of the couple together. I don't have time to re-film anything now ad I have to focus solely on editing my shots and adding the correct transitions. However, I think that the adjustments to my storyboard and the indoor shots I have included will work effectively and represent the disequilibrium of the narrative to the audience in a way that will hopefully grab their attention.