Sunday 1 March 2015

Editing: Slow Motion Effect

To the left is a screenshot from the editing of my trailer, it shows a shot of the stock characters dancing together in the rain. I have been editing and experimenting with the speed of this shot and I think that it looks the most effective in slow motion. This slow motion effect, as shown below by the turtle symbol over the top of the shot, is included as it emphasises the importance of that moment for the characters. Slow motion is used conventionally to show the importance of something and the impact of when it happens. I have included it here as I think it represents the idea that the characters are happy and together and that because of this nothing else matters and time has essentially stopped because they don't care about anything else. If I decide to include this shot in my final trailer then I think the audience will notice the importance of this effect and why it puts emphasis on the relationship of the two characters.