Sunday 8 March 2015

Production Update: Sound Delays

I'm slightly behind schedule in terms of the sound involved in my trailer. I have decided on and arranged what non-diegetic soundtrack I want for my film and have told the band that are covering the songs how I want them recorded. The band have agreed to record the soundtrack as soon as possible, however it is slightly difficult in terms of equipment and all of the members having to be free at the same time to use the recording equipment at school. A positive is that all of the band members go to the same school and therefore it will be fairly easy for them to meet in a certain place at a certain time and use the equipment needed. The recording of the voiceover done by the female character has been delayed due to me not being given permission or access to take a professional microphone home with me from the school music department. This is an issue as my main female actress doesn't go to the same school and therefore in order to record the voiceover we have to use the microphone at school as I don't have the budget or resources to use equipment from home as it will be too amateur and will decrease the sound quality in my trailer. To overcome this I will arrange a time when I am free at school and when my female actress is off of college and then will ask for permission for her to come in as a visitor and use the microphone in school. I aim for this to happen at some point next week as I don't want to be too behind schedule in terms of editing.