Tuesday 10 March 2015

Dialogue/Script Changes

Initially I wasn't going to include any dialogue in my trailer as I thought it might be easier and I thought the voiceover and the non-diegetic music might be enough. However, now I have seen how the shots look and gathered audience feedback, I think that short clips of dialogue in a range of shots will help to demonstrate the narrative effectively and will interest the audience more.

Basic Script (First Draft):

(Kate has just read text and is now arguing with Theo about it)
Kate: "How could you?"
Theo: "I promise I haven't done anything!"

(Kate opens letter with photos of Theo and other girl, looks confused, pauses)
Kate: What????
(Kate slides letters away from her angrily)

(Theo finds letter containing photos)
Theo: "I don't understand who is doing this to me!"
(Theo throws photos into air angrily or rips them up)

(Both characters are talking, Theo is stood by his car)
Theo: "I can't do this anymore! You don't trust me!"
(Theo gets into car, slams door and drives away)

(Other female best friend character is talking to Kate about Theo)
Female Friend: "He's either a liar and a cheat or the unluckiest man alive"